Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Practical Legal Advice: Modifying Child Support

If you've ever tried to modify a Child Support Agreement, it can be very challenging.The legal standard for the modification is a substantial change in circumstances. That means that whether you are trying to lower or increase your child support payments you must demonstrate that things have changed a great deal and a decrease or increase is merited. Once you decide to file for a modification you will need to file a petition in court. You can get all the necessary forms at flcourts.org this is the Florida supreme court website. These forms come with instructions and are easy to fill out and are available for free. You can also call your local attorney for Pro Se help these services are available for a fee however, these fees are less than those for full legal services.

Note the hiring of an attorney is a serious decision not to be taken likely if you have any questions contact me at lawofficeofcarolynjones@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment