Friday, November 16, 2012

Can You file suit for Alienation of Affection in Florida

Alienation of affection(s) is a legal action, a tort based on willful and malicious interference with marriage relations by a third party. The elements constituting the cause of action are wrongful conduct of the defendant, plaintiff's loss of affection or consortium of spouse, and a causal connection between the two. Not all states recognize the right to bring an alienation of affections action. It is usually viewed as not being relevant or easily applied in modern society.

Legislation was enacted in Florida to abolish the right to bring an alienation of affection lawsuit.

7 comments:

  1. No but i have some thing for you which can help you to maintain your office record.billing software

    ReplyDelete
  2. Verification of documents is one of the critical issues in purchasing your personal home. You must verify all the related legal documents of the property. It is advised that you should perform this verification process either yourself or through some legal firm.

    legal advice

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading your blog. You have shared an informative post. Small Claims Court Toronto

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know this was a thing until a year or two ago, when I went with my sister to get legal advice about her marriage. The lawyer did mention this and it totally fit the situation. Luckily it never went to court but just being able to get the advice and figure out what was going on was a huge help to her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could really use some legal help and I'm not sure who to contact. I can't afford a lawyer but I can't face this on my own. Is there a place on the web or a number I can call for help? I really enjoyed your blog and found it to be helpful. http://www.c4legal.com

    ReplyDelete